We offer recycling opportunities at a number of locations throughout the area.
Single-stream recycling means that it is not necessary to separate certain recyclables anymore.
The Eskimo Hill Residential Center has these separate containers:
- scrap metal
- all other single stream recyclables
You MAY place these single stream recyclables in the same bin for curbside pickup:
- paper products (if you can tear it you can bring it)
- plastic food and water containers labeled #1 through 7
- clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars
- soda, soup and other cans
- NEW – food and beverage cartons (soup and juice boxes, milk and juice cartons)
Please rinse food and beverage containers out before placing them in your recycling bin. Place loose items in the recycling bin; don’t bag them. Click HEREfor a page you can print.
Check with your trash hauler to see what they collect curbside.
You May NOT Recycle these items with the single-stream recyclables:
- plastic bags – please take them back to the grocery store
- food-soiled items
- polystyrene peanuts or other packing materials
- drinking glasses
- plastics that held hazardous chemicals like motor oil
We also accept these items for recycling, but not in the Single-stream recycling bin:
- Automotive and equipment batteries
- Fluorescent light bulbs (Regional Landfill only, no 8′ bulbs)
- Motor oil
- Cooking oil (Regional Landfill only)
Some items can be reused or recycled elsewhere in our community:
- Take polystyrene packing peanuts to a mailing store for reuse.
- Collect plastic grocery store bags with other types of plastic film (bread bags and dry cleaner bags) and recycle them at the grocery store.
- Many electronics retailers offer recycling programs or incentives when you recycle computers or other electronic devices.
- Consider donating gently used household items to Goodwill or other second-hand stores to give them a new life and keep more stuff out of the landfill.