Did you know that the amount of trash produced between Thanksgiving and New Year’s in the US increases by an estimated 25%? (NEEF) If you’re wondering how you could reduce your waste this holiday season then keep on reading:
- Use what you have to make something new
- Make ornaments from things you find around the house
- Make a stuff animal from old clothes
- Basically, any thing you have around the house that can be made into something new and better!
- Instead of material gifts, try experiences instead. They can range from big to small!
- Tickets to see a favorite sports team.
- Family bonding trip to the zoo, ice rink, cabin, or somewhere warm!
- Tickets to a cool concert!
Gifts that donate to charities!
- If you have an animal lover check out World Wildlife Fund, The National Audubon Society, or this list for more ideas!
- You can also check out this article by Nadine Jolie Courtney and Brianna Steinhilber from NBC for gifts that give back to those in need.
- Don’t forget local organizations too! If they don’t offer products where the proceeds go towards their mission, you can always donate in the same of your gift receiver!